The gaming industry is exploding with all the more people coming online and accepting the digital transition. To put things in perspective, more people tuned into watch the league of legends finals in 2018 than to watch the NBA and NFL finals combined! But gaming itself is always evolving, always taking on new forms, always looking to create the best user experience possible! Hello gaming on the go. While gaming everywhere is not a new concept it is certainly of the more powerful ones. So, lets skip the formalities and explore the 5 most coveted handheld consoles there have been!
Console 1: Nintendo 2DS
Where better to start than with one of the biggest names in all of gaming, Nintendo. The Nintendo 2DS comes pre-installed with the legendary Super Mario Bros 2. The 2DS gets its name from the flat gaming dimension that it offers. Certainly crafted for the more retro style gamer, it is astounding that the 2DS brings together the gaming capabilities of the regular DS and the 3DS into one compact device.
Console 2: PSP (Playstation Portable)
How can there exist a list of gaming devices and not have PlayStation among its ranks? The PSP, originally launched in December of 2004, the PSP is a gaming paradigm of its own. With classics like God of War, Twisted Metal, Crash Bandicoot & Rayman, PlayStation offers its audience one of the most nostalgic and deep gaming experiences.
Console 3: Nintendo Switch
Another great success for Nintendo. The switch, gets its name from its multi-application nature. The Nintendo Switch can be plugged in and played at home on a TV like any other device and it can serve as a hendheld device. Thats correct, playing at home and have to go rush over to class or work but want to keep playing? Then the switch might deserve another look/
Console 4: GameBoy + Gameboy Color
This handheld device makes it to the list for the sole purpose of recognition. Nothing gets more retro than a Gameboy color. Experience the first mass handheld gaming device 30 years after its first release in 1989. The Gameboy & the Gameboy color were pioneers of gaming on the go, with fantastic oldies such as Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario; the Gameboy has forever guaranteed itself a place in history!
Console 5: GPD XD Plus
This one makes it to the list simply for its ingenuity and uprising successes. This little thing is taking gaming to a whole new level. With built in shopping, music listening, and video watching. This is an operating system built from the gaming, for the gaming industry. With cross functionality between android games the GPD XD, known no limits to gaming. Simple. Sleek. Sexy.
This list is by no means exhaustive and is certainly not in any particular order. Find yourself the device that fits your style of life best and work with that. This is not a matter of being right or wrong in your choice, your choice is but a matter of lifestyle and experience. Game on.
Did you know the World Health Organization recognizes video game gambling as a mental health disorder? The gaming disorder takes over your life to where you abandon other life pursuits so you can play and bet more money.
It affects more than 9 million people worldwide, according to psychologists and other mental health professionals. Videogame gambling begins like any other addiction. I have faced my addictions, so I know what people go through.
The player will start playing online poker or blackjack online for fun. The person starts to feel that initial high. They want more of the same feeling. They like the feeling of instant gratification. The person will begin to play more than most players. Other players look at these online games as something fun to do, mostly for entertainment value. Addicts do not view things that way.
Six Signs Someone Has A Problem?
1) There is a certain preoccupation with video gaming and online gambling. It begins slowly, similar to a recreational thing. It will soon blossom into something more severe and extreme. It depends on how deep the person is into the addiction. Some only develop mild addiction symptoms, and others have more severe cases.
2) You take the gaming away, and the person goes into immediate withdrawal. The person will face a wide range of feelings including anger, irritability, frustration, boredom, anxiousness, and depression.
Chad has an upcoming birthday party. His friends decide to invest in a casino party rental. The day of the party arrives and his friends have to cancel the idea due to circumstances beyond their control. Chad starts to feel depressed and anxious over this. Chad’s birthday now means nothing to him due to the cancelation. He is left feeling very empty and irritable.
3) A person will feel this overwhelming need to keep gaming online. He or she will spend more money, so they can gain back some of the money they lost along the way. The person will build a higher tolerance than most over time. The person will feel the need to pay more due to the increased tolerance level. It is like taking a drug.
4) The person will attempt to control their actions. They will tell you they can stop at any time. The person might become erratic and say they have things under control. They do not.
5) The person will lie to you about their gambling. They will steal from others to keep the habit going. It is like any other addiction. The person is at the mercy of the addiction. In other words, the addiction is calling the shots, not them.
6) The person will begin to feel the negative impacts of gaming and gambling. However, they will keep playing. They know it is bad. They know it is ruining their life, but they keep playing anyway.